Monday, September 28

Monday Funday

oh yeah. Let's all wink together and exclaim how awesome Mondays are. But I am off work now, and for the first time in weeks I was not by myself on the big truck day. I am still chuckling at a few dumb things my boss said. Now I am at the practice space waiting for the rest of the band to arrive. Fighting off tiredness is making me tired. I cannot succumb to the sleep færie. I am too busy these days to worry about such frivolous things as sleep. pshaw. Instead, I am going to try and organize my computer. Of course I said that 30 minutes ago.

But let's talk about Nano. I'm getting more serious about my SciFi idea. Here is the basic premise. Around the turn of the 22nd century, scientists have established a colony on Mars. They are experimenting with the construction of, what they call, Terradomes which allow for a self sustaining micro-ecology inside the dome. These are the first steps towards the long term goal of terraforming the entire planet. The project however is facing serious cut backs and possibly termination because of rising costs. Transporting, supporting and compensating laborers, not to mention the cost of transporting raw materials, is costing world governments way too much money. Then one day, a prominent military general arrives with an elite team of engineers and a couple of soldiers with a highly classified project to assist in the effort; that project is to make human clones on Mars as laborers. This cuts back costs significantly. These clones are also intended to work on asteroids extracting the raw materials needed to build the domes. Things get out of hand, however, and an attempt to enslave the clones leads to rebellion and eventually war. When the clones discover that they can clone themselves, they head to Earth as the front for a bloody war to liberate themselves.

Developing ideas in the works.

\m/

No comments: