Monday, October 5

Contests... yyaaaay!

I learned today that VCC offers a contest for writing and artwork, and anyone can submit in all or any of the categories: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and art. For fiction, I am thinking of writing either a side story or an epilogue to my NaNoWriMo novel idea. Non-fiction I am going to submit an essay I started writing called "A Quark Among the Stars" which is a narrative about the beauty of the universe. Poetry, I have a couple of pieces intended to be song lyrics that I may submit. For artwork, I will submit several of my space paintings (you can submit up to 7 pieces). The winner in each category gets $100 and publication in VCC west campus' magazine on the arts. I don't really have any hopes of winning, but I think it would be fun to try. At the very least it will stimulate my creativity and get me writing again.

In other news, work was miserable today. I had a headache and from the moment I walked in the door I was agitated. Thankfully it was truck day and there were plenty of boxes for me to kick around. I hope to post some more story ideas soon. I got some things brewing in the 'ole brain.

\m/

No comments: